
What a great day for the zoo. It was not crowded, the weather was hot, but bearable.

Meet Helga Hippo. No, they don't have silly names like this, but I gave most of the animals names. She was enormous and deciced to go for a swim. It was amazing how long they can stay under water.
Now, I am thinking this was a baby, but this big fella weighed in at over 4,000 pounds........yikes! I didn't mean to infringe on his privacy though while he was either getting ready to go to the bathroom or he just finished. Either way, I didn't notice the picture until I got home and uploaded them from the camera.......HONEST! Oh yeah.....I named him Elton Elephant.
Not sure if this was the same elephant or not, but they send the elephants outside to play and to get some vitamin D from the sun. We were hoping to get to see them playing, but all they did was throw dirt on their backs and drink water. Still nice though. The zoo is also building a new Elephant Crossing exhibit. It is going to be really nice as there is a big bridge where the elephants will be walking underneath of you. It is scheduled to be completed in 2011.
They were having a great time playing in the hay and waiting their turn to go outside to play. I think they were feeling it was much too hot for them to go outside, either that or they were just plain lazy, because only one stayed outside. The others went back inside to roll in the hay again.
Meet Tiny.......he is a giant turtle; I named him Tiny on purpose. He was too busy eating to come over to say hello. I didn't mind though because it was making me hungry just watching him.
Ringo and Starr heard something off in the distance and they couldn't figure out if it was coming from the right or the left; so they each looked in a different direction to find it.



No comments:
Post a Comment